- Drill a 10mm hole for the 6.0mm tie using a rotary percussion drill. The hole should be 25mm from the end of any brick and on its horizontal centre line and penetrate 55mm into the far leaf.
- Thoroughly clean the holes in the near and far leaf using a hand pump to blow out debris.
- Using a resin nozzle extension inject Target Fixings Polyester Resin across the cavity and into the far leaf hole until it is full.
- Insert the Resi Flex tie through the near leaf hole and into the far leaf hole allowing it to rotate as it is installed.
- After leaving to gel for about 20 minutes the holding capability can be checked using a Target Fixings Load Test Unit. As a general rule a proof test load of about 1kN in tension is an adequate bond.
- After an acceptable proof test is performed the near leaf connection is made using Target Fixings Polyester Resin. The brick may then be colour matched for a near invisible finish.